Nagasaki Atomic Bomb Museum
Originally built in 1955 as a multi-purpose facility symbolizing the desire of the citizens of Nagasaki to reconstruct their devastated city and to achieve the goal of lasting world peace, the entire structure was converted into the Nagasaki Atomic Bomb Museum in August 1975, serving as a powerful reminder of the true nature of nuclear weapons and of the pressing need for world peace. A new museum, located nearby, was dedicated in August 1995 in recognition of the 50th anniversary of the bombing.
- On foot: A 5-minute walk from Hamaguchi-machi streetcar stop (or bus stop)
- By streetcar: Get on the streetcar bound for Akasako at Nagasaki Ekimae and get off at Hamaguchi-machi. It takes about 10 minutes.