Electrical Room of the Former Nagasaki Medical College
This building was constructed in 1931 and was used as a lodging facility (guest house) before the war. It was used as an electrical room during the war, and afterwards, its interior was remodeled and is now being used as a lodging facility for people such as foreign students and researchers. Although it is within short distance to the hypocenter, it did not suffer great damage and retained its original form because of its thick concrete structure. Since this building is located in the corner of the campus, it has been left without being demolished during reconstruction.
Photo by USSBS/US Army